This past weekend was a pretty inspirational one to say the least. One of our busiest so far, we had a Team Fight group racing at both Eagleman and Survivor 7, along with Cancer to 5k Howard County group’s first race of the season!
So where to begin…having both Cancer to 5k and Team Fight at the same event is always an emotional one because these programs truly support one another. Cancer to 5k is a FREE program for survivors training to complete their first 5k post treatment. On the other hand Team Fight is raising additional AWARENESS about the Ulman Cancer Fund and fundraising to support UCF programs like Cancer to 5k. Essentially they rely on one another and couldn’t exist without each other. So what went down this weekend???
Survivor 7 – 4 mile with Cancer to 5k HIGHLIGHTS:
- 3 cancer survivors completing their longest distance ever!
- Amy Babst celebrating her 3 year cancerversary on the day of the race!
- Each participant having an entourage of sherpas (pace leaders) that looked like the President of the United States was running!
- Jessica Protasio completing the race 3 MONTHS POST LIVER TRANSPLANT!
- NoVa Cancer to 5kers coming up to support the Howard County group
Survivor 7 – 7 mile with Team Fight HIGHLIGHTS:
- 9 BRAND NEW Team Fighters racing for the first time in their yellow gear!
- Dave Ross killing it in 50:04!
- Largest charity group representing!
Eagleman – Half Ironman Team Fight HIGHLIGHTS:
- Shawn Chevalier, Mike Duffy, Logan Cooper, and Martin Wetzler finishing their FIRST half iron distance!
- Kim Sheridan (UCF Board Member) setting a PR on the Eagleman course on a very HOT and LONG day!
- Michael Silverman killing it on the bike and averaging almost 22mph!
- Roy Cheeks and Meg Shipman driving all the way down from Baltimore to support Eagleman finishers after running at Survivor 7!
- Heidi Shoemaker and Marie Bolton taking home 3rd place for the relays!
A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT CAME OUT TO SUPPORT THIS WEEKEND! THE TEAM FIGHT CHEERING SECTION WAS AMAZING!!!
A HUGE CONGRATS TO ALL THE CANCER TO 5k AND TEAM FIGHT FINISHERS!!!