It’s crazy how fast a year can go by but, it’s official, we have closed out 2010 and are already opening the books for 2011! With the collective efforts of the Ulman Cancer Fund and amazing community support, it’s safe to say that 2010 has been our most successful season thus far.
- TEAM FIGHT started out with 30 participants in 2008, grew to 130 in 2009, and in 2010 had a largest team with a total of 228 people!
- TEAM FIGHT had over 3,500 individual donations as a result of fundraising efforts from team members.
- TEAM FIGHT is officially the largest charity team participating in any nationwide Iron Girl event with 120 participants at this year’s Columbia Iron Girl.
But it’s not just about our numbers, it’s about the PEOPLE and PASSION behind it and the DIFFERENCE we are making in young adults’ lives everyday! What differences? Let me tell ya.
TEAM FIGHT has helped us to:
- Support 30+ cancer survivors through the participation and completion of the Cancer to 5k program!
- Expand the Cancer to 5k program for the first time to Howard County, with the help of Mady Mules Physical Therapy Sports Rehab!
- Create a platform to have a nationally recognized inaugural Half Full Triathlon event with over 1,000 participants, 100 of those being cancer survivors!
- Fund two additional college scholarships for young adults affected by cancer. We now have a total of 10 scholarships!
- Touch the lives of over 250 families through our Patient Navigation Program at the University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center. This includes everything from talking about treatment and fertility options, to transportation/financial support, to advocating for patients to healthcare insurance companies! Check out Elizabeth’s blog to hear more about what is done at the hospital each day.
- Expand our Patient Navigation program to the DC area to double the amount of people we can help on an annual basis!
- Touch the lives of young adults affected by cancer in 38 states!
We can’t THANK YOU enough for all that Team Fight has enabled the Ulman Cancer Fund to do on both a local and national level. I look forward to continuing the FIGHT with you all in 2011!